Dubey & Schaldenbrand was founded in 1946 by the inventors of 'the split second chronograph', Georges Dubey and René Schaldenbrand. Its headquarters are located in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland.
Patented in many countries, the revolutionary idea of the split second chronograph was their first creation in 1946. Mr. Dubey made some modifications to the 'Landeron' base movement in order to bring to the market an affordable split second chronograph. Part of the complication was hidden under the dial but the split second hand didn’t have enough power to support it. Adding a useful spiral between the two chronograph hands provided the power it needed.
Inspired by Art-Deco, the brand was built with avant-garde ideas that brought evolution to the watch industry with special mechanical movements. Dubey & Schaldenbrand continues and thrives for evolution and design (mainly with is historical tonneau shape) whilst respecting the traditional watchmaking skills of our ancestors. We are developing watches with our own DNA using our own tools, special materials and achieving ground breaking innovations.
AUTOMATIC // MECHANICAL
The hand engraving is done by local craftsmen and always includes the blazon of the village of Les-Ponts-de-Martel; a watchmaker's hammer and a bridge.